Teracube only keeping 2 apps alive at any one time

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing an issue that did not happen on my previous phone (Nexus 6P running LineageOS). Essentially, what happens is that the teracube only seems to keep 2 apps alive at any one time, making it a bit frustrating when I’m jumping rapidly between several apps to verify information or just copy data.

Is this a known issue? Perhaps it’s a feature and not a bug? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for reading. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you check if Duraspeed is enabled for you. Settings > Duraspeed. If yes, disable it and check again.

2 Likes

I can confirm that Duraspeed is disabled in my phone’s settings.

Can you give a test sequence that I can try to replicate on my phone.

1. Open up an app and navigate to a page within it that is not the main page
  2. Open up another app and do the same
  3. Open a third app and spend some time in it
  4. Go back to the first app

Result: the app opens, but opens to the main first landing page instead of where you were before

So I just tried this again now, and I can’t seem to reproduce the issue. If I figure out more details, I’ll be sure to post them here. Also, if anyone else is experiencing this, feel free to post as well and maybe we can figure it out together!

Pretty sure this is an Android thing. Memory/Power/CPU management. It wastes resources to keep a bunch of apps active, so it just keeps a couple active and the others are asleep.
Some apps force a reload regardless. I know I have a couple games that if you leave the app for even 1 second, it forces a complete reload.

1 Like

I am noticing that periodically, depending on the reset, my Eset mobile security keeps getting shutdown as a background service. I keep trying to keep it running. Used Duraspeed to give it permission to run in the background, but sometimes I go days without it shutting down… then after a reset, it gets shutdown as an active app every 10 minutes.

Super annoying as I need this running actively, consistently and reliably. And other specific apps as well. Particularly work apps.

1 Like

Could you try the following:

1. Disable Duraspeed completely.
  2. Goto Settings > Apps & notifications > Special App access > Battery optimization. Find your app and disable Battery optimization.